Sunday, May 15, 2011

Two.

Today is my anniversary. Here's to two years under our belt! It's flown by, yet I feel like we have been married forever. I hate to imagine life before we were married. I love looking back on the details of our big day. I am still amazed how smoothly everything went.

Reflecting on the last two years, I don't know if I could even feel more blessed than I am. It been two years of growing, learning, and laughing. There has been a lot of changes for us even in the last year. New house, new job, house projects, vacations, and a puppy.
Just after closing on our new house from my mobile.

I get excited waking up every morning knowing that I'm not alone in life. That there is someone just like me who accepts my imperfections and makes me stronger. There is something about laughing together that can make any problem melt away.
Can't not smile looking at this picture.

I have learned respect and true love over the last couple years. I believe that respect is the secret to good and healthy marriage. Always fight fair. It's more of "how can I make myself a better spouse" rather than "how can my spouse change for me".

Most important, I have learned a 3 cord strand is not easily broken. Its not just Kyle and I, its one other that makes this relationship successful. Our relationship was built on a rock.

My wedding gift to Kyle- engraving his ring. "On This Rock"
Tonight we get to eat at Fogo de Chao. I'm excited to say that this has become a tradition for our anniversary. Got to say, its my favorite of all time.

Then a night at the blue hill with my husband and our puppy. What a great day to celebrate. Yes, I am blessed for this life I have been given, and for the best friend I get to spend it with.

Now, I am off to get ready for our special night!

{S}

No comments:

Post a Comment