Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Nutmeg Pancakes

I found a recipe for Nutmeg Pancakes two years ago. It was in a magazine. One of those with pictures of snow on the outside of a cabin, woolen socks on crossed feet in front of a warm fire, a cup of something delicious and hot in someone's hand. When I saw this recipe, I thought "yeah this has to be good".

Two years ago I didn't have a kitchen. Last year I was pregnant and couldn't have a lot of nutmeg. This year was the year.


These are the best pancakes I have ever had. I say this with confidence. I tweaked this recipe slightly to make it a little more seasonal. Fluffy and fabulous, my mom and I devoured these delectable hot cakes.



Garnished with some pecans.

Note: Syrup in picture is natural maple syrup. The syrup in the recipe is a lot more watery a looks different, but the taste is unbelievable.

Christmas Nutmeg Pancakes:

2c all purpose flour
1TBSP baking powder
1 TBSP honey
1 tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs
4 TBSP melted butter
2 c light egg nog

Preheat Griddle to 275. Whisk together dry ingredients. In separate bowl, mix the eggs and the melted butter. Whisk in egg nog. Add dry ingredients to wet mixture. Stir until blended.

Brush griddle with butter. Use 1/3 c to pour batter on the griddle. Garnish with bananas or nuts if desired.

Nutmeg Syrup:

2c water
1c sugar
1 tsp ground nutmeg

Bring all ingredients to a boil until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat an simmer until mixture is reduced to 1 c (about 8 min). Transfer to a pitcher.
(The consistancy will be different than that of normal syrup.)

Enjoy! These are Christmas morning worthy.

{S}

2 comments: