Sunday, April 17, 2011

A New Puppy.

We are getting a puppy! We will be picking her up next Friday.

As I am sitting here, procrastinating from everything I need to be doing around my house, I am thinking about how the idea of a getting a puppy started. I am also wondering how I agreed to, and lost the battle of getting a larger dog- a golden retriever. It's true that they are wonderful dogs, but I have always been a small dog type of person. My husband's family raises goldens, so I guess it's a part of his DNA.

I woke up one day and just decided, I want a dog. My husband being thrilled at me admitting to it, immediately starting looking for one. Through this process of searching, I keep finding my self more and more excited. There has been a lot going on in life recently, one with my leg and just coming down from a huge event at work, I have realized a puppy is just the medicine. Something to love and care for. After we decided on the puppy, my husband I discussed what our new life with the puppy will look like. We talked about how this dog will be with us for the next 15 years or so. She will be there with us in our next house, with our first child, following children, and other milestones in our lives. I love the feeling of consistency by having her there.

I am looking at everything I need to dog-proof before this weekend. There are so many targets for little puppy teeth in my house- I am hoping the bitter spray I purchased will be the perfect deterrent. I have a very small house and not a whole lot of storage. I am sure the little one will be finding things that I had no idea was there.


I have gotten a great start on purchasing items for the little one. I'll start with my favorite purchase:
"Kona" is our puppies name, I love the variety this lady provides through her etsy shop. PoochyCouture.Etsy.com














Here's to new frustrations, cleaning messes, losing a few items due to bite marks, and unconditional love. I am so excited for this new chapter of my life.

{S}

No comments:

Post a Comment