Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Project Inspiration: Wall Art

I have always wanted to be an artist. Unfortunately, I was not blessed with that talent. I wanted to make something custom for my upstairs "cove and I love LARGE pictures. I thought of just stretching some cool fabric over a big frame. I searched and searched and could never find any fabric I liked for the space. I remembered that a while back, a friend of mine had used an old overhead projector to project an image on a wall that she painted.
Remember these? I think this one was last serviced in 1981. Still worked!
I thought, well I could do that on a canvas. I found my inspiration while I was working at the salon one night. Thank you Aveda Holiday packaging!
I took off the cardboard wrapping and cut out the design with an exacto knife. Tedious, but worth it. Check out the process.
I had my husband build a 2x3 frame

Tightly stapled the fabric over the wooden frame

Projected the image from the overhead projector onto the canvas. Adjusting it to the desired size.

Mixed the paint


Applied the paint


Finished and let it dry.


Just the right splash of color! This is one of the easiest projects and I love the results!

{S}

No comments:

Post a Comment