Monday, June 13, 2011

A Night Away

This past weekend, my husband was up in the boundary waters. Since he was gone, I had an opportunity to spend some time with one of my best friends, my mom.

I could write a book on how much I love and admire this woman, so I will save that for another time. We started our weekend out at breakfast at Uptown diner, followed by a walk around Lake Harriet with our dogs. Then to Rochester we went.

I can't help each memory that comes to mind and almost every street I pass. I went to Elementary school there. I took my driving test there. That's my favorite local restaurant. Its hard to believe its been 5 years since I have graduated high school. But I just love staying at my parent's house. It's a retreat- a place to hide from the world.

Here is one reason I love being back : My mom makes a house a home. She is one of my favorite decorators. Our tastes have varied throughout the years, but I always love her work.

Everything matches! What do you think? Beautiful, right? Isn't Kona a great accessory?

Not only is my mother talented at decorating, she is a beautiful knitter. She learned when she was 5, as well as taught me when I was 5! It's something we have shared for years. We love sharing new patterns and new yarns, as well as frustrations on our "unhappy projects" as we like to call them. My mom has also collected quite the library of patterns, books and magazines. I can't even express my excitement when I look through them!
As well as a large selection of yarns. This is only her upcoming projects, it doesn't even include the bins and bags of yarn she has in her storage room!
I wanted to catch a quick pic of one of her projects she is working on- but no such luck! She did a great job of hiding them. 
Soon we will be collaborating and opening up an Etsy shop of hand knit baby clothes and blankets! Keep an eye open for that!

.............................................................................................................................................................
 
And for a fun fact- My mom and Lindsay's mom are best friends! They are the reason we became best friends. 
AND As of RIGHT THIS MOMENT, Lindsay and her mother are becoming an aunt and a grandma for the first time! Congrats Kati and Jonas! There will be more from Lindsay on that soon..
 
 
.............................................................................................................................................................
 
Here's to all the mommas out there that are their daughter's best friends. You are truly a blessing.

{S}
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment