Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Baby La Joie

I once made a comment, "I wish I was good at something..." I said this to Lindsay. (Girl, where ya at?! Miss your written word!)

She responded with "you're good at knitting." Annoyed, I rolled my eyes and wish there was something else.

It took a few years, but I love my trade. It's therapeutic. There's absolutely nothing like feel of the yarn slipping through my fingers with perfect tension. The needles clank as I create something beautiful. It is beautiful. I have accepted that.

I love seeing this lost art gain interest with others my age and younger. What a great and amazing way to express yourself.

As some of you know, my mom and I started an Etsy shop. Everything is hand knit.

We both learned when we were 5.
I was hooked from that moment on.

I absolutely love baby items. Before I was even pregnant they were my favorite to make. There is so much variety and creativity behind it- it makes it the most fun.

Here is our shop and the beginning of items being listed-
Joie is pronouced "Jwah". French for joy. Baby Joy. I believe it's always good to be delighted in your little one.

Check us out on Etsy. www.babylajoie.etsy.com

We are also on twitter { @babylajoie } and have a facebook page! We'll keep you updated on what's new through there. On here of course too!

I am so excited to share this area of my life with everyone. It's certainly a passion and a joy of mine. There will be a variety of items- legwarmers being the most common. There will be a few blankets, sweaters, and mittens as well!


{S}

1 comment: