Friday, January 25, 2013

Malt Shop Grill

There's this sandwich. It's one that continually comes to mind. It's unique... and delicious. It was created at this cute Malt Shop in Chaska, MN. Tommy's Malt Shop. They have many tasty treats- but the sandwich!

I have to be honest, when I had this sandwich I was 11 weeks pregnant. I was nauseous. Nothing smelled or tasted good. So my experience wasn't the best, but through the nausea and masked taste buds, I could tell there was something special about this sandwich.

Lately, a year-and-a-half later, I can't stop thinking about it. So I tried making it at home. Success! I bet you're wondering what kind of sandwich it is... Ready for the anti-climatic moment? It's a grilled cheese. I promise it's different than any you have ever tried. They used multiple types of cheese and rosemary. I did mine a little differently.
I know it looks nothing to be admired, but you have to taste it to believe it.

Here's my version.

You need:
Bread
Cheese (I chose colby jack!)
Butter
Italian Seasoning
Honey

Start normally- butter the outsides of your bread. Sprinkle lightly with italian seasoning. Add cheese... Heat the sandwich on a griddle or stovetop. Here is the important part- right when the sandwich is done squirt a few dabs of honey on the top side of the sandwich. Flip. Do the same on the other. Flip. It will only need to be heated momentarily with the honey. Enjoy!

I hate to admit this, but I have make two of them in the last couple days. Mmm...

{S}

No comments:

Post a Comment