Thursday, July 28, 2011

Banana Nut Muffins...

You know those recipes you love so much that your mom used to make when you were little? The ones you ask your moms for so you can start making them just the way they did? Well, tonight... that's what I did with these banana nut muffins. Except one thing is off... it's not my mom, it's Sara's mom. :) I love having two moms. 

Tonight, I called up my Rochester Mom (Sara's ACTUAL mom) and asked her for her recipe for her amazingly delicious healthy muffins! As they are baking in the oven, I thought I'd blog about them :)

Now, I'm not sure if this is a secret family recipe that can't leave the Whelan household except for special loved ones (that'd be me) so, I'll share a little. Lets just say, whole wheat flour, honey instead of sugar and a whole lot of smashed up bananas and walnuts!

 
Can you believe this turns into a muffin?



 mix the dry together. Mix the wet together. 

 Put'er in the oven and wait...




Wait until you can smell the banana melting with the walnuts that make this amazing aroma of home-cooked goodness... Rochester Mom home-cooked that is!
Then, when you open up the oven, hopefully you have this awaiting you...


Thank you Rochester Mama bear! 
I love you!
I love your healthy-ness that my family lacks! 
My heart and body are forever grateful. 

{L} 

No comments:

Post a Comment