Thursday, July 14, 2011

Meet Alexandria (Part 1)

We have relocated for the summer, 5 weeks to be exact. A camper has become my humble abode. We started with family camp, and am now currently in week 1 of teen camp. During down time, we have the opportunity to explore Alexandria.

I have been coming up here since I was 7 attending all of the different camps- family camp, kids camp, and youth camp. Now, I have the opportunity to be on the other end and work at them (Minus kids camp). It's a love and a passion.

Being up here for so long, its very easy to have a routine of going to your favorite places. I love little boutique shops in small towns- and this place is full of them! Last week I had the opportunity to have a couple hours off and head over to downtown Alex.

We started with lunch at this adorable place "Bistro To Go"

This little restaurant has unending amount of charm, with an unbelievable menu. It's smaller than some, but you can't go wrong with anything you choose. Salads and sandwiches, mostly. Not to mention the owner is an absolute sweetheart.

Thai pasta salad is one of my many favorites here

Whole wheat pasta, chicken, sugar snap peas, carrots, peanut sauce... and then some. This place has become a tradition for my mom and I. We don't get to see each other all that often. It's times like these when we get to talk about life and memories and projects and more... I savor these moments even more than the food. (and man do I love food.)

After lunch, we walk around downtown stopping at the cute little shops. Then we get to the one that surpasses them all- Charlies Bazaar. Affordable Decorating heaven.


As we approach, my heart skips a beat and I get giddy like a child in a candy store. This is the best candy I have ever had. Materialistic? Fine. We all have our areas of weakness, right?

This place is owned by a mother/daughter duo and is stacked to the ceilings in wonderful items. They stage everything to perfection. Even if you don't purchase anything, you still leave inspired, and that's what I truely love about it.

I was drooling over the vase to the left on the wall. IN LOVE.



Everything has a place, every area a color scheme, every wall with something on it. I see places like this and think , how on earth do these people do it? Where do they find their limitless skills? I love places like this- where you could walk in everyday and find something you didn't notice the day before.

These are my two favorite places here in Alex. Now I am just looking forward to Art in the Park coming up at the end of July...

{S}

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment