Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Weekend Rewind

We had the privilege of having my mom visit us this weekend. She is very good about seeing Hudson every couple weeks. Through exhaustion, housework, and regular work, I feel filled. My mom always brings me a settled feeling through her time here.

I love sharing projects, ideas, recipes, and thoughts with her. She is definitely one of my best friends. She is kind and complimentary and can boost my confidence. There is nothing like hearing "I'm proud of you" from a parent.

What I love most is that her grandson is a priority. She makes a countdown days before she comes. She loves on him and adores him. She makes him belly laugh the whole time she is here.


Anyone can do the above with him, but you can see he reciprocates her feelings. He lights up when he sees her. His eyes sparkle. He asks bashful, yet excited.



I love watching them interact. She is the only one that acts completely like a mad person- bouncing around with a high pitched voice, and he just soaks it in. She is fluent in Hudson. She speaks his language.



I am so blessed to think there are others that love my son as much as I do. He is such a lucky boy to have both parents completely smitten with him, as well as a family that surrounds him with joy and love.
 

It was a good weekend. Mom is heading home now, and the house feels empty. Now I can just look forward to the next time she is here.
 
*****************************************************************
 
 
Don't forget to check out this post about our upcoming giveaways! Be a part of this!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment