Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring {in a cup}


You know it's spring in Minnesota when it hits 40 degrees and people are wearing shorts and opening their windows. You also know when its spring you are pulling dog hair off of everything because your dog is shedding her winter coat!

I have a favorite spring/summer drink when I am not in the mood for coffee at Starbucks. Passion Tea Lemonade. Maybe you have tried it... it's the best. I call it a PTL for a reason.

Did you know you can buy Tazo Passion Tea at the grocery store?

On the tea bag describes it:
"An exuberant herbal infusion of hibiscus, orange peel, rose hips & passion fruit flavors"

It's amazing iced by itself, but it's even more amazing as a Starbucks knockoff.

Here is how to make it at home!

Equal parts lemonade (I used Simply Lemonade with Raspberry, regular lemonade will give you that amazing tartness) and water. Add the tea bag and steep until you see that dark hibiscus color come through. Mix, add ice, and enjoy your spring in a cup!


1 comment:

  1. I happen to be a ptl lover as well!!! I actually got my first one of the spring/summer season a couple days ago! so good!! when I order my ptl at sbux, I get it sweetened, so would I need to add sugar or something to this to tame down the tea flavor?!?

    ReplyDelete