Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Bear.

Last night I had a terrible dream. My dog had died. It was set in the future- she already had adult puppies and we kept one. I had all sorts of feelings- sadness and anger being at the top of the list. We kept one of her puppies and I kept saying it looks like Kona- but it's not the same. I wanted Kona back.



I have had this realization lately of how much I care about this silly, stinky animal. I am also wondering- how can we more easily adjust her to the baby? I have read about it- bringing home dirty clothing or blanket with the baby's smell on it to the dog before you arrive, petting the dog while you hold the baby, etc. I hope it will go smoothly.


I can't even believe the joy she has brought to us over the last few months. There is honestly nothing like coming home with the greatest greeter of all time. She constantly makes us laugh with all of her weird manorisms- she is definitely not lacking in personality. I love the sense of purpose she gives us when we feel like doing absolutely nothing. I love the way she stares at us in the middle of the night when she can't sleep. I love the way she acts like she is the laziest creature on earth and she is practically moving mountains trying to step up onto the couch. I love the way she rests her head on my knee when she is bored. I love watching Kyle and her, as if they have were always meant to be best friends- they really are two peas in a pod. I can't imagine life before her.

Love my Kona-bear and all she gives us. What a perfect companion. So glad to wake up and see that she is still here.

{S}

No comments:

Post a Comment