Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Grand Granola

Here is the recipe for my absolute favorite granola- mastered over the years by my mom, respectively the health nut. She has taught me a lot over the years having to do with nutrition, not saying I always abide, but highly respect her input, as well as try to follow it. If you saw her, you would want to eat just like her.She does a lot of "It may not taste good, but it sure makes me feel good." Having great blood sugar levels has had a hand in this motto. The amazing part, is she has mastered the art of taste and health. Any recipe I receive from her I know will be good for me, as well as it tasting delightful.

 She makes this granola in large batches and then cans it into serving sizes. I also used this granola in my granola bar recipe found here. My favorite is on yogurt. If you really want to get wild, do a layer of yogurt, then a layer of applesauce, granola, and top it off with fresh banana slices.

Granola

10 C whole oats or combination of oats, barley, rye & wheat flakes
1/3 C wheat germ
1 C each of:     sunflower seeds
                        almond slivers
                        walnuts
                        dried milk
                        honey
                        light olive oil
10 t. each of:   vanilla
                        cinnamon

350 degrees in roaster pan—check every 10 minutes

After baked, add dried fruit of choice, coconut, dates, raisins, etc.

You can always mix and match- adding things, removing things- all custom to what you like. I would just have to say that this is an excellent recipe.



Thanks Mom!

{S}

No comments:

Post a Comment