Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sweet Moments

Parenting is the hardest thing I have ever done. It's physically and emotionally draining.

The tougher the challenge, the greater the reward. Parenting is the best, most rewarding, most fulfilling, exhilarating, can't-define-it-with-words, job in the world. I love it more than anything I have ever done. I am more confident, more motivated, more giving, and more protective. My life is no longer about me- and there is not room to be selfish. I have never been more fulfilled. It's amazing what I have become in the last year because of this amazing little human. Because of him, I would have a million children if they came close to being what he is.

The best moments have also changed since I became pregnant. I love the focus change. I used to celebrate wins by what happened at work, or what happened among friends, or a great deal I found.

Every day is to be celebrated with my little one. A smile can turn my day around. A noise can make me laugh. A look can fill my heart greater than anything ever has.

Watching him discover, learn and grow makes me look differently on life. I need to stop, breathe, and take everything in. Each moment passes so quickly and I want to remember every one. I love deeper than I knew possible.

I love watching my best friend, my parenting partner, and my husband grow as a father. He is an amazing father. Every day I thank God my son has an amazing dad and role model that will always be there and love him. Not many children have that.

I love referring to my son as Hurricane Hudson. He is always moving, always exploring. I love allowing him to discover. I love finding surprises that make me laugh, even if it involves a little more work on my end.

I love watching him inspect food like it's this new amazing substance. He must be my child, loving food so much.
 

The best part- there is something more amazing and new that happens every day.

Happy Sunday!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment